Monday, October 5, 2009

A bit of homesickness

I'm hoping that this will be therapeutic.


I  miss American food!!!!

I miss American Chinese food:

-egg drop soup

-fried rice

-crab cream cheese wantons and a freaking spring roll bowl!

-sweet and sour chicken

-sesame chicken

-those pot-stickers from Costco

-egg rolls

I miss American Mexican food:

-enchiladas 

-tacos both hard and soft

-quesadillas

-nachos

-Cafe Rio's chicken burrito with that special sauce

I miss American Italian food:

-frozen pizza

-lasagna

-fettucini  alfredo

-garlic bread

-the creamy pesto sauce from Old Spaghetti factory on the salad and with the bread

I also miss stuff my mom makes:

-kailua pork

-pot roast

-cheap fish sticks, baked potatoes with sour cream and cooked spinach with lemon juice

-chocolate chip cookies made by Chrissy

-salad!  With the good ranch from the BYU creamery or the kind with fruit and that poppy seed dressing

-that salad Grandma Bounous makes for Thanksgiving (I better not start on Thanksgiving food)

-potato salad

-roasting hot dogs over a fire

-S'mores

-pigs in a blanket

-chili pie

-Cheesy tomato soup with toast and saltine crackers!

-cinnamon raison bagels with cream cheese toasted or not

-those chicken fajitas with the cucumbers, corn, lettuce, ranch and cheese

-Reese's Puff cereal (ok my mom doesn't technically make those either)

-that garlic chicken pasta that's frozen with the carrots and corn and broccoli 

-that cheesy chicken and carrot soup which technically I make

-spaghetti squash

-fried zucchini 

I miss stuff Mitch's mom/dad makes:

-her tacos with that special cheesy sauce stuff (I bet I won't notice the spiciness at ALL now)

-souped up minute rice and grilled cheese

-chocolate zucchini cake

-roasted pineapple (just as good as Tucanos!)

-burgers off the grill

-chili 

-kraft matrimony and cheese

-Don's banana bread (technically I haven't actually tried it but Mitch misses it a lot and I do miss a good banana bread so I thought I could put this one on anyways)

I also miss all these other things:

-grapes without seeds in them

-normal tasting bread--not too mention all the different kinds of breads (ie whole wheat, pumpkin, cheese etc like from Kneaders or Great Harvest)

-normal 1 % milk

-strawberries, blackberries, raspberries

-girl scout cookies (Samoas and thin mints)

-grasshopper milk shakes

-cheddar cheese

-frozen peas and carrots (that aren't overgrown)

-red potatoes

-mandarin oranges

-ground beef that doesn't scare me

-washed, refrigerated  eggs

-any food from my home ward

-those little weenies that people make for the superbowl

-hot pockets

-J--Dawgs




Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

2 comments:

J. Coombs said...

Tell you what, Ev. When you get back Stef and I will take you guys up to Golden Jade in Ogden. BEST American Chinese Food EVER!!!

Unknown said...

wow. As a pregnant woman I should NOT have read this post... you have inspired about a hundred different cravings!

We have very similar taste in food! Wow. A lot of the stuff on your list is stuff that I think about a lot, too... from the exact same restaurants. Except lately I've been on a Sushi kick. Can't get enough of it. Have you ever tried sushi? Do they have it in china? That stuff is DANGEROUS. Expensive, and addictive.

Crab rangoons....
sigh.