Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Well, get out your calendars people and find your pens! After much poking and prodding and pleading and pondering and--I'll be honest--a little crying we picked a day! A day for what you might ask and I'd be happy to tell. A day for knocking me out, sticking a tube down my throat, slicing open my back, screwing in freaky-big titanium screws, slathering on a fresh batch of bone growth hormone, sewing it back up, TAKING THE TUBE OUT, and then letting me wake up with lots of pain killers. Sounds like fun! I know it does ;)
Oh yeah, June 24th. Less than two weeks people!

2 comments:

J. Coombs said...

Whooo! YEAH! June 24th Rock on! YEa...wait. Why are we celebrating? Shouldn't we be trepidaciously hopeful? Or hesitatingly anxious? You know, SORT of happy it'll be over, but again, not looking forward to surgery? ;) You'll be fine, Ev. We'll come and see you as soon as we can (That's the day after I start the Academy, so it'll probably have to be the weekend)

Rachel said...

Hey Ev, I'm coming out to Utah in August and I would love to visit you while I'm there. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences from your own voice! What a traumatic time you have had. I am continuously amazed to read your comments and notice how optimistic and funny you still are in spite of all the setbacks you've had. I doubt I would be as patient or strong as you have been had it been me. Love ya, Rachel
P.S. Happy half birthday last week!