Saturday, April 12, 2008

Good things today.

EvaLynn is sleeping better and she is finding a good pattern with her pain meds. Her physical therapy is getting more aggressive - she is 'working out' to Hansen instead of Disney.
I got to see EvaLynn sit up for a minute or so!
Ev got her neckbrace off!
Ev put on her glasses! (and watched a Harry Potter movie). She was able to focus a bit and even surf a little after the movie. We are going to start looking for some kind of Mac laptop that she can use in the hospital. I never thought watching a child channel surf would be so cool.

Mike is home! Mitch has moved to Intermediate Care (& I understand has reserved the room next door for Ev). Hmm. I suppose this situation is somewhat self-chaperoning. Still the nurses shall be alerted.

Communication is improving. Ev can sign (or at least spell in ASL). Everyone in the family can understand except of course me. I'm trying. I have a cheat sheet. And, I did finally figure out that when Ev gets to eat the first thing she wants is a popCICLE and not popCORN. Only took me about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL!!!

alert the nurses for sure.

yeah... popsicle makes more sense than popcorn... probably very soothing after the tube I would think.

You guys are awesome and also in our prayers.