Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Great News!

Thanks to a spectacular lactate blood test on Ev's part her surgeon began the process of ventilator withdrawal this morning. It make take a few days still before the tube can be removed and sedation eliminated, but she is breathing under her own volition (with a little help from the machine). Doctors and staff worked on this all night (due in no small part to the instigation of a 'pushy' nurse who didn't shrink from calling the surgeons at home in the wee smalls). They have been super. Other news: we are still not ready for a feeding tube (still more bowel healing needed). And one of Ev's good friends from Colorado is driving in to visit. Maybe a chance that they will actually get to talk in the next couple of days!

from Happy Dad.

3 comments:

apriloberry28 said...

Hurray! What wonderful news!! EvaLynn is such a fighter! You're all in my prayers.
I love you EvaLynn!!
-April O'Berry

Meagan said...

I'm so happy to hear this great news! Thanks for getting this blog up to keep us posted. EvaLynn is an amazing girl and such an example to me. I'll be praying for all of you.
Love,
Meagan (her friend from Women's Chorus)

Mindy Robbins said...

Dear Bounous family,
I had not heard about the accident until your recent email. I am so sorry. I am encouraged by the good news of late and will keep you and your sweet daughter in our prayers. I would also be happy to help teach. Let me know what I can do. Mindy Robbins