Friday, April 25, 2008

Sleeping

I'm at the hospital but Ev is still asleep. Good thing. Nurse says she slept well (which in a hospital is a relative thing..) so I'm not going to wake her yet. Just reread some fragmented posts. A lot of things have taken a backward step including npo, central line, pain & nausea control, being ambulatory, catheter, etc. However she is slowly coming back. Mitch is still up on 6 and visits but other than him and the Disney channel there is not much to keep her spirits up. Thank you for your notes. Ev can't really read them yet but I do and I read some to her.

Btw, did anyone besides me see the fireball about 10:10 pm last night? Greenish, sparky, heading west-ish? Very cool. Lasted 3 to 4 seconds.

Barry Bounous

p.s. I'm in her room. She says she didn't sleep at all and I just helped her throw up again. We're both getting good at that. Doc's gonna try different nausea meds. Fever down, but the nausea is relentless she says. Hard to keep a stiff upper lip these days.

3 comments:

J. Coombs said...

I've always wanted to see ball-lightning. HANG IN THERE Ev! We'll try and visit today, but if we're not allowed, at least you can have another copy of Captain Kilt to keep you company!

Beth said...

Ah, Ev. That doesn't sound fun at all. I even started to get some sympathy nausea just reading about it.

Ha ha, and go Captain Kilt. (I got to see that. I wished I'd seen the performance.)

Unknown said...

The disney channel is loads of fun. Just ask any crazed-for-adult-conversation mom. Lizzie McGuire is my favorite show on there... especially the spiky haired brother.

I'm sorry you're throwing up. Throwing up is awful and no fun. Especially, I imagine, with a perforated diaphragm. here's to wishing you speedily past this stage of your recovery and singing with us again soon.