Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Day  New Hope.

Ev was working her lungs all night.  (Woo Hoo).  They did chest xrays this morning and will find out if she needs another Bronchoscopy before extubation.

Still more progress needed.  Chest xrays are cloudy again.  Scheduled another bronchoscopy and another CAT for the bowel.  They are going to try a slightly different respiratory setting to encourage avioli recruitment. 

Ev has a nurse today with 'issues'.  Don't know if she has something against parents, men, or just me in particular.  Tosses me out of the room for her exams, wakes Evalynn up to sign consent forms that she cannot read or understand when I am standing right behind her with a pen, and when I stepped out of my daughter's room to talk to my dad on the phone, told me I was crowding the hall and invading other patient's privacy because they might have to talk about someone else while I was standing there.  Maybe I'm just tired but I think she's a piece of work.

I think I'm going with a "Consultation" of doctors or maybe, on some days, a "blessing".

Grouchily,
BB

1 comment:

Amber Horspool said...

man, we pay those people to help us and then when they get all crazy with us it doesn't seem fair! (try not to take it personal, maybe this nurse has some personal issues- ya never know...) sooo glad Ev is still improving. love and hugs to you all.